Summer 2013 Financial Assistance Options
Students interested in summer financial assistance should contact the Office of Student Financial Assistance so that staff can assess eligibility for additional loan funding, the Federal Pell Grant or any tuition waivers.
Our office is located in room 301 of Lucas Administrative Center. We can be reached at 859-572-5143 or via email at email@example.com.
Summer financial assistance, except Federal Work-Study, requires summer enrollment.
Points to remember
Deadline for requests
Requests for financial aid received after Feb. 1 will be considered only if funds are available.
- Summer financial assistance eligibility is limited and is based on the 2012-2013 FAFSA, and utilization of that financial assistance during the academic year.
- Students must be enrolled at least half-time to receive Federal Direct Loans for summer.
- If eligible for the Federal Pell Grant during the summer term, the amount could vary depending on a student's hours enrolled.
- If seeking an alternative loan, students should reference their specific lender regarding enrollment requirements.
- Students beginning in summer 2013 will need to complete the 2012-2013 FAFSA before June 30, 2013 to receive summer financial assistance.
Summer financial assistance is limited, and unique to each student's circumstance. Most students utilize their full annual financial assistance eligibility based on their enrollment during the academic year (fall and spring). In some cases, students who sat out a semester, went part-time or began mid-year may be able to utilize their unused academic year financial assistance.
The awarding process for summer semester generally occurs in April. Summer is treated as one term even though there are various start dates and registration periods.